Gordon & Barbara in Paris

Gordon & Barbara in Paris
Here's Looking at YOU

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Other Woman

The Other Woman--Directed by Nick Cassavetes/ starring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Nicki Manaj/Rated: PG 13/running time: 109 minutes.

Bifocal Reviews by  Ageless1der Barbara Rich & The Other Guy

(BR) I can make this brief. This one was totally a chick flick, a no-brainer that I saw with my daughter for a girls-night-out. It is not for the men-folk. In fact, there was only one man-folk in the theater at the time we watched this one. He didn’t leave, but the movie is particularly degrading to men. I certainly hope that all men are not like the cheating husband in this film. Cheating husband? This guy was cheating on his wife AND three other mistresses! The only good guy  in the movie is a Chicago Fire regular (Taylor Kinney), who not only single-handedly restores faith in male-kind, but is easy on the eyes. I cannot say it was a great film. It was predicable, but enjoyable. Movies like this give the gals a couple of laughs. I cannot, however award more than two binoculars out of five. I recommend it as part of a dinner and a movie (less than two hours) with the gals.

(OG) Thankfully, I was not required to see this movie with Barbara and was mercifully replaced by our daughter. So, I have no opinion about it, other than the one instilled in me by my wife. Reading what she wrote, all I can say is: Whew! That was a close one.


No comments:

Post a Comment